Friday, July 13, 2012

Dave Matthews + Baby Books

Pin It Happy Friday, Internet!

I'm taking a quick break from the normal photo-filled blog, not to worry, next week I've got lots to share!   Like more from this sweet engagement session!




For now, I just wanted to share some tidbits from my life lately.

As you know, we're expecting our first little one in September, and we couldn't be more excited!  I recently attended my first baby shower attended by all the amazing women in my family, and it was so much fun!  My Grandma had written a little song about our baby boy.  She included the words along with a handmade quilt, and when I began to read them, my eyes filled with tears.  And then my Grandma began to sing the song to me, to everyone in the room, and it was such a wonderful moment.  One I will always treasure.  Thank you, Grandma, for such a sweet, thoughtful, heartfelt gift!

A few weeks ago, one of my favorite artists was in town, Dave Matthews.  Reggie and I tried to score last minute tickets, and hung out at the venue to listen to a few songs.  We ventured home to have our own little concert on our patio as we listened to Dave Matthews Radio on Pandora.  It was perfect.  One of his songs is Stay (Wasting Time), which got me thinking about saving time.  Bear with me on this, friends, I promise to tie this all together!  I've continued listening to his music while working, and this song came on.  It made me think that once our little guy arrives, saving and spending time wisely will be of utmost importance.  One little time-saving trick I've tried as of late has been to time my tasks using my phone.  Don't you just love technology?  With an eye on the time keeping me focused and on track, distractions are held to a minimum.  The more efficient I am, the better I feel.  Win!  Thank you, Dave, for the inspiration!  ;)  





Speaking of babies, our friends shared some of their favorite baby books with us, all of which I still need to read!  I've heard nothing but great things about Baby Wise, so I'm looking forward to this one!


I cracked up when I saw this one!  It's an "illustrated survival guide for the first-time father" and is written from this first-time father's point of view.  I think Reggie and I will both love this one!  






We recently took a quick trip to Florida to visit Reggie's Mom, and I scored this book on sale at Barnes & Noble.  I've loved this author since reading Dear Rosie a few years back, and have enjoyed each and every novel of hers.  This one may just be my favorite so far!  I highly recommend it!  It's such a fast read, and so creatively composed that I didn't want to put it down!


Have any time saving tips or tricks?  Or a must-read baby book that you recommend?  Feel free to share in the comments!

Happy Weekend!


Pin It

No comments: